Sunday, December 20, 2015

Olga

Dear Aunt Noni,
I miss you so much.
I wish
I wouldn't
have taken
your presence
for granted.
I miss seeing you.
Your commanding presence,
holding court in your restaurants.
I love you so much.
Cleaning your houses with you,
you always worked so hard,
and showed me how to do the same.
The way you got up at five a.m everyday,
doing your books,
getting dressed in business clothes,
beautiful jewelry and hair,
stunning nails.
It's hard to describe you,
in this way.
But I know,
I don't ever want to lose
a single memory of you.
I loved when
you would cook spaghetti for us,
at your cabin.
I could see you were happy,
when you were in love,
and the love you carried inside
always showed for us.
You spoiled us ridiculously,
even though our parents
hated it.
I am so proud of you,
and what you were.
I am happy,
that I got to be your niece.
Your energy is missed,
here on Earth,
by me.
I hope that you are happy,
wherever you are,
and that someday,
I will get to see you again.

No comments: