Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Perspectives

My perspective has slowly been shifting, over time.
Consciously awakening myself to new thoughts.
Ideas that calm my spirit.
I have always been overly emotional.
It's not fair--was my chosen phrase.
Expecting too much.
Doing something that I thought was fun,
or stimulating,
all of the time.
Or I wasn't happy.
Bored and depressed,
even feeling useless, at times.
Jumping from emotion to emotion.
A rabbit running through a field.
Here is how I gained a more positive outlook--
By lessening my expecations,
of what life is supposed to give me.
I found a new perspective.
Life is bound to be boring, sometimes.
Everyday like the next,
is not the worst thing ever.
To be living and breathing itself,
is enough excitement.
The world seems so gentle and kind,
with my lessened expectations.
Content, with the little things.
I don't expect more, but it will find me.
Maybe not everyday, but somedays.
And that is fine with me.








No comments: